Current openings for employment at Interfaith Community Services are listed below. Click the links to learn more about each opportunity.
- North County Labor Connection (NCLC) provides employment connections between laborers and individuals and businesses in need of workers.
- This 25-hour/week position will guide day laborers and migrant workers through the registration process for employment placement. Employers will also be advised of the hiring process and registered for recurring placements.
- On site Monday-Saturday from 7:00am-Noon to process participant registration and placements
- Supervise daily hiring hall activities, job placement and referrals to other supportive services
- Outreach to employers and workers
- Produce monthly work placement reports
- Implement a worker safety curriculum with the direction of the supervisor
- Provide required documentation and reports for grant compliance
- Identify resources to support client needs
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- This full time position is responsible for general accounting duties related to month-end closings, assisting in the daily activities of the accounting department and special projects.
- Month-end close responsibilities: journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations
- Participation in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparation of monthly variance reports for programs
- Collection, analysis and reporting of grant statistics
- Participation in the annual budgeting process
- Preparation of accounting schedules for the annual audit
- Other duties as assigned
- Human resources manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the human resource functions of the organization. They will oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with senior management on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization’s management and its employees. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Keeps abreast of changes to personnel laws and regulations
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures. Maintains database for all policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Serves as the head of the safety committee and member of the senior management team
- Processes all Workers Compensation and Unemployment Claims.
- Assures a positive and effective line of communication is maintained within the agency regarding staff activities.
- Oversees processing of payroll and wage garnishments
- Assures that the duties, responsibilities and authority of each staff position is clearly defined
- Prepares and delivers companywide training
- Prepares personnel-related correspondence
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by the Executive Director.