May 3 at 6:47pm
Free employment training for veterans
Did you know that Interfaith Community Services offers free employment training for veterans? Interfaith is currently enrolling homeless veterans or veterans at-risk of becoming homeless in occupational skills trainings, apprenticeships and on-the-job training programs to upgrade their current skills and help them either obtain a job, or promotion in their current position.
Current trainings offered to veterans in our program include, but are not limited to:
- Security Guard training (4 week program)
- Phlebotomy Tech training (1-6 week program)
- Construction Contractors training (2 week program)
- Facilities Maintenance training (36 hour program)
- Truck Driving training (4 week program)
- Certified Nursing Assistant training (4 week program)
- Solar PV Installation training (1 week program)
- Culinary arts and food handlers training (6 week program)
The above are examples of training programs that have previously been utilized by veterans in our program. If there are other certifications or trainings that you may be interested in completing, please let us know and we can look into potential opportunities.
For more information and to get started today, please contact Dean Dauphinais, Director of Workforce Development, at (760) 489-6380.