Title: NCLC Hiring Specialist Volunteer, Carlsbad
Overview: Connect clients with employers as they come into the center. Assist clients with creating email accounts, and completing on-line job applications.
Supervising Staff: Katia Rodriguez and Marcela Rodriguez
Impact: This position provides much needed and extra support to the clients who utilize the Carlsbad Hiring Center on a daily basis to find temporary and permanent employment.
- Any day or days during a six-day work week: Monday through Saturday, 7:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon)
- Assist clients with registration process and Basic Health assessment forms.
- Assist walk-in employers seeking laborers with documentation.
- Explain process and expectations to employers.
- Answer calls for job leads to connect day laborers and domestic workers with safer and healthier workplaces.
- Teach basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Assist clients to create email accounts.
- Write resumes and cover letters.
- Complete on-line job applications.
Training and Support:
- Volunteer Coordinator provides general orientation on services and programs provided by Interfaith Community Services.
- Initial orientation and training will be done by the Program Manager and Site Supervisor; on-going daily support will be provided by the on-site Hiring Specialists.
- Basic knowledge on Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Detail-oriented to record phone messages and job leads.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- To be determined by Volunteer Coordinator.
- Résumé building experience.
- Interaction with a diverse population
- Experience the positive results of your contribution of time and talents.
Contact Micki Hickox, Volunteer Coordinator, to apply.