February 4 at 7:12pm

Important Topics for you and your Tax Advisor

Steve-Mason-300x200It is a great time to discuss with your tax advisor ways to reduce income, capital gains, and estate taxes while giving a significant gift to Interfaith Community Services and your other favorite charities!

  • Give a charitable gift through your retirement plan (IRA). This offers you a full income tax exemption and reduces estate taxes. You must be at least 70 ½ years old and the gift cannot be more than $100,000.
  • Give a charitable gift of stocks and securities. This reduces income, capital gains and estate tax.
  • Name Interfaith Community Services and/or others charities as the beneficiary of your will and/or trust. You can set a specific amount, percentage or what remains after family distributions.

Typically these gift alternatives do not have an adverse effect on your current lifestyle while providing a generous gift to charity. Your support of Interfaith Community Services will have an impact on our ability to serve the homeless and disadvantaged for years to come.

Please contact Robert Adams, Chief Development Officer at (760) 489-6380 ex 206 or radams@interfaithservices.org if we can be of any assistance.

Interfaith Community Services is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit tax exempt organization. Federal Tax ID #95-3837714. In all cases when discussing the financial, estate and tax implications of a gift to any charity, you are encouraged to consult with your own advisors.