January 21 at 5:58am
Needs of the Week: January 22nd
Every week, Interfaith shares both an in-kind donation and volunteer project “Need of the Week.” These are currently the items and volunteer projects we need the most assistance with. Give us a call today at (760) 489-6380 ext. 204 to get involved today!
This week, we need your help coming both volunteer time and in-kind donations:
Interfaith is in need of new or lightly-used 3-drawer dressers that can be donated to our Housing 1000 program. Many of our formerly homeless clients who are moving into new homes do not have the items necessary to comfortably furnish their apartment. Your donations will help our neighbors moving off the streets truly make their new home comfortable and livable for years to come.
Volunteer Need of the Week: Afternoon Pantry Volunteers
Combat hunger by stocking the shelves of Interfaith’s emergency food pantry. Your work supports the teams that fill the orders each morning for individuals and families. You will be working towards achieving Interfaith’s goal of helping people help themselves.
- This is an ongoing (6+ months), weekly commitment
- One shift per week or multiple shifts per week: Monday through Friday
- 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (approximately)
- Organize and stock shelves with incoming donations
- Assist donors in transporting donations from their vehicles to the pantry
- Reorganize food on the shelves placing earliest expiration date items in front
- Sweep and mop pantry floor
- Wipe down pantry shelves