March 21 at 1:41am
Your Help is Essential
Dear Friends of Interfaith,
Interfaith Community Services is here for people in their time of need, and now more than ever, our services are critical. Governor Newsom issued a state-wide “stay at home” order for all Californians. Essential services and people who provide them are exempt from this order. Interfaith is identified as essential; our services, staff, and volunteers are indispensable and exempt from the executive order.
Interfaith will prove to be an essential leader in addressing the economic fallout caused by COVID-19 in the coming weeks and months. For now, though, we are in crisis response mode. We need your help now more than ever. With personnel and resources stretched thin, we need donations and volunteers to continue our important work.
Interfaith has created an Emergency Fund in response to COVID-19 with all donations matched up to $50,000.
While the effects of COVID-19 are rapidly evolving, Interfaith has been working diligently to prioritize health and safety while continuing to provide critical services. During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, there are some things that are definite at Interfaith.
Interfaith will continue to:
- Feed people who have nowhere to turn by offering emergency food packages, sack lunches and meals
- Move people off the streets into adequate and stable shelter
- Help seniors and those with health conditions, who are homeless today, get into specialized shelter
- Operate all residential programs, as well as recovery and treatment programs
- Be a mailing address for those without a home, to ensure they receive medications and paychecks
- Offer showers and laundry services to the public, meeting a critical need for hygiene and cleanliness
- Provide job training programs for at-risk youth, veterans, and all Interfaith clients seeking employment
- Provide access to medical and behavioral health services in partnership with Neighborhood Healthcare
Interfaith is working closely with our local healthcare professionals to help alleviate the burden on hospital beds. Just this week, we moved two individuals out of hospitals into shelter. We remain committed to supporting the most vulnerable among us during these times and are doing everything to be sure we can. Thank you for the outpouring of support, ensuring our doors remain open to those most in need.
Your Support is Essential During this Time: